Don’t ask why or how, but Buckyballs users are basically scientists, looking for new and smart ways to use the high-power, Rare Earth magnet balls we can Buckyballs. In the years since we started selling them, we’ve seen and heard it all…. Every now and then though, we still hear something new. Some of the ideas that come across our desk are simply too good to keep secret.
And so, without further ado, our Top 34 Things to Do With Your Balls, as suggested by Buckyballs users. Go ahead, try a few. You’ll be glad you did!
1. Use a magnetic ball as wall stud finder
2. Wear as a neodymium bracelet (some people think the magnetism can help your golf swing)
3. Play darts on office cabinets
4. Make art displays on your refrigerator
5. Use a Buckyballs tube as handsome desktop pen or business card holder
6. Use as a distraction from boredom at work (no really, it works!)
7. Neodymium spheres like Buckyballs can double as “chick magnets”
8. Dress up your cufflinks (looks good and saves your from boring meetings)”
9.Walk on a ball of Buckyballs for an instant foot massage
10. Use as a tapemeasure (216 Buckyballs = 3 feet long)
11. Squish your magnet balls for an instant stress-relief
12. Need even more stress relief? Try talking to your balls. Say anything. They never talk back or judge.
13. Rare Earth magnet balls make excellent tinsel on Christmas trees
14. Create a Neodymium ball level for hanging your new flat screen (it’s unclear how this works… but not 1 but 2 people sent us notes saying they’d done it!)
15. String Buckyballs together for a light-switch pull
16. Keep out sunlight with a magnet-ball curtain (you’ll need a lot, but your friends will envy your creation)
17. Form Neodymium coasters for wine and beer glasses
18. Dress like a knight in magnet ball chain-mail
19. Buckyballs can, when shaped correctly, make excellent hats for your garden gnome
20. Use them to fish keys out of the drains and other hard to reach spots
21. Charm bartenders into giving you free drinks in return for letting them play with your balls (just saying it out loud should help make a friend or two)
22. Hide-a-key using a single Neodymium sphere under your door frame
23. Show your parents what you really learned at college
24. Hang your glasses Grandma-style on a magnetic ball chain (works best with iron glasses)
25. Count your Buckyballs as a modern-day abacus
26. Create a pull-apart pinata
27. Post pictures on the fridge
28. Sculpt a paperweight
29. Bookmark your favorite chapter
30. They make great excuses: “Can’t do dinner tonight. I’ve got to wash my Buckyballs.”
31. Confuse insane posses of clowns.
32. Make your own chess set from magnet balls
33. Tie a Buckyball ribbon on a birthday gift
34. Write “Winning” on things that, well, won
… and much, much more. Feel free to post your own below!