- May 23, 2011
Our latest contest asked not what your Buckyballs could do for you…but what YOU could do for Buckyballs. In an homage to the launch of The Big Book of Bucky, Vol.1, we asked that you name this super-cool structure that helped inspire the book.
You didn’t need a set of Buckyballs…just your creativity and unbridled enthusiasm. We chose 20 winners to win a copy of The Big Book of Bucky, Vol. 1…and Our Fave 5 Structure Names to win a copy of the book AND a set of original Buckyballs. Awesome, right?
Want to see how your structure name “stacked” up? (Yeah. That’s right. We punned it. We punned it good.)
BEHOLD! The following winners will receive a copy of The Big Book of Bucky, Vol. 1:
1) Paula Fein (“Dazzling Doohickey”)
2) Sharon Zurflieh (“Steampunk Gillette”)
3) Renee Bezenah (“The Rapture”)
4) Robert Bell (“Quantum Phase Inverter”)
5) Liz Vardy (“Space Invaders Defense Wall”)
6) Coleman Timothy Jones (“The Tower of Buckyball Babel”)
7) Becky Beyl (“SupercaliBUCKYlicious”)
8.) Eric Velasco (“BuckyBee Honey Center of Buckynology A.K.A Technology”)
9) Max Wick (“Golden Reflector”)
10) Rola Cola (“Matter Transference BuckyBeam”)
11) Brandon Lee (“Moon Pockets”)
12) Wade Rockhold (“Existential Bling Beast of Colossal Magnitude’s 4th Quadrant Molecule”)
13) Matt Forbis (“Drexia Stargazer”)
14) Sean James (“N-Dimensional Wine Rack”)
15) Justin Rochkind (“The Wasp’s Nest”)
These name-dropping dynamos win a set of original Buckyballs and a copy of The Big Book of Bucky, Vol. 1!
16) Becca Waitcus (“The Eighth Wonder of the World, the Hanging Gardens of Bucky”)
17) Jonathan Bezenah (“ As Sweet as Buckycomb”)
18) Luis Mercado Jr (“Buckminster Bumblehive!”)
19) Robert Bezenah (“The C.O.M.B – Creation Of Meritorious Buckyballs”)
20) Danielle Shafran (“The Beautiful Bodacious Blissful Brilliant Bucky Building”)
Congrats to our winners. (Talk about “unbridled enthusiasm”!) Special thanks to all of you who posted. If you are listed as a winner, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and mailing address, and we’ll get your set of Buckyballs prize in the mail right away.
Don’t forget to check back for our next contest and creative ways to win some Buckyballs or the Buckyballs book. We’re always coming up with new ways to give them away. How fun is that?